Our operating, booking and payment conditions
Each of us is a local tourism actor, self-worker, working in travel agencies, wine or olive oil producer, craftsman, trader, leader of a small company, animator, hiking guide, translator, individual bus driver, personal taxi, boat captain ... Since 2014, we have been joined by members of the teaching staff because they had not received any salary for several months. Students work with us on an ad hoc basis, depending on their knowledge and languages.
Our activity is related to the frequency of planes and boats. In winter, Crete has very little transportation, whether air or sea. We could, if the island was connected, offer a winter tourism, including related to the snow! But all winter flights pass through Athens Airport, now managed by Germany (as many airports in Greece). Stopovers are long and especially taxes imposed now are very expensive.
The season starts in April and ends in November. Each year, the direct flights are set up by the airlines from mid-April, departing from all major European cities (click on the logos).
Families with young children or those who are afraid of heat will prefer to visit us from March to May, and from September to November.
Each of us then opens his business, his hotel, his guest house, his tavern. We choose to work with quality. This is our key word, even if the economic situation in Crete is difficult.
We decided to combine our skills rather than work individually, and to offer unusual stays, closer to the inhabitants and their culture.
Our goal is to propose human, cultural, creative meetings, to promote educational or artistic exchanges, to create partnerships, friendships, strong links. We will tell you the places where you will eat the best, or you will sleep best, we will talk about the local culture, customs and places to visit (that you may not find in the guides ...) ). We want you to discover the other Crete ...
Our prices include, according to the chosen formula:
- organization, coordination of your stay (we provide all the logistics of your vacation, except the sale of plane tickets (we do not have a license for this),
- For individuals, the book of discovery and selected addresses: It includes all the documents necessary for your stay: map of the island, your accommodation and according to the chosen formula your places of restorations. Addresses selected and verified each year, (we revisit all of our partners: artisans, traders, restaurants, fun, cultural and sports activities) and the addresses are updated twice a year: all our partners are selected according to specific criteria: quality of reception, geographical location, authenticity of dishes or place, freshness of dishes, cleanliness, authenticity of services, products and objects manufactured and / or sold. (you enter into direct contact with our partners, no intermediaries)
- the detailed descriptive sheets of all the sites that we advise you to visit,
- the negotiation and the reservation of your vehicle with a local hirer, (we do not work with big international brands, by choice), (no obligation however to choose our offer): the vehicle will be directly delivered and regulated by your credit card or cash care directly to the renter, delivery at the airport or port.
- where applicable: the booking of your inter-island boat tickets, of your national air tickets, made with a Greek agency (direct payment to the concerned agency).
CONDITIONS OF PAYMENT
Payment is made by bank transfer (via PAYPAL or directly) to the account of your interlocutor (s). Upon receipt of payment, your service provider will send you a receipt within 5 working days. For activities, they are payable directly to the various providers, on site.
For people with a C.E participation, a pro-forma invoice is available under P.D.F or by mail.
Our structure is the result of agreements and partnerships established between different self-entrepreneurs, self-employed, artisans, producers and / or family PT.
We hope that your stay will make you want to come back to renew your participation in the development of local tourism, or even to turn it into active participation (accompanying persons, specific or regular participation, interventions on your place of residence, organizations of conferences or Greek nights in themes near you, inter-company meetings ....).
We advise our visitors to take out travel insurance with ALLIANZ (formerly global assistance). To do this, click on the logo below and fill in your form:
- Cancellation between 3 months and 30 days before arrival, your provider reserves the right to keep 30% of the amount paid,
- Cancellation between 29 and 15 days before arrival, your provider reserves the right to keep 80% of the amount paid.
- Cancellation between 14 and 1 day before arrival, 100% of the amount paid will be kept.
For stays at Themes, led by a professional of the discipline taught, payments are made in three installments:
- 30% on booking by bank transfer or check, in the name of the provider,
- 40% one month before arrival, by bank transfer or check, in the name of the provider,
- 30% on arrival, in cash, directly to the provider.
A receipt mentioning the amount paid will be given to you each payment, by the service provider concerned.
The cash balance is used for fuel, dinner drinks, tastings, vehicle rental, site visits. The speaker of each theme stay is considered a service provider and is paid directly by the participants.